Mr. Vyasah Kalyanasundram
Founder of - Astanka Yoga Mandir-Sri Lanka, Co-Founder –A.A.Y.U.S.H-Sri Lanka, Chief Yoga Instructor - Indian Cultural Centre (ICC), Colombo (High Commission of India in Sri Lanka) Country Representative- S-VYASA Yoga University, Mr. Vyasah Kalyanasunderam is in the field of teaching Hatha Yoga, relaxation techniques, meditation and various breathing techniques since 1992.
"Mr. Vyasah Kalyanasunderam is in the field of teaching Hatha Yoga, relaxation techniques, meditation and various breathing techniques since 1992. He was initiated, taught and guided in to this ancient tradition by his mother Mrs.Selvam Kalyanasunderam, a Barrister by profession, who had vast knowledge on ancient scriptures that revealed various breathing and meditative practices. She comes from the tradition of the world renowned yoga master H.H.Dr.Swami Sivananda Maharaj the founder of the Divine Life Society, Rishikesh, India. Mr. Vyasah was also guided by great yogic masters like H.H.Swami Datta Ramagiri (India) and Acharya Swami Ram (Dr.S.Ramanathan) the founder of Holistic Kriya Yoga center, Canada. He is a visiting lecturer at the Gampaha Wickramarachi Ayurveda institute (Kelaniya University) and Easter University."
He qualified his yogic studies from a world‘s renowned yoga university S-VYASA (Swami Vivekananda Anusandhana Samasthana) of Bangalore, India.
Work Experience -
- Currently he is working as the chief yoga instructor at the Yoga Mandhir, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- He is the Chief Yoga Instructor –Indian Cultural Center, Colombo. He is in charge of the yoga unit of the Indian Cultural Center (Indian High Commission) since 2009.
- He is the country representative of S-VYASA –University, Bangalore, in charge for coordinating S-VYASA activities in Sri Lanka, and liaising with different Ministries and Universities while assisting in all the related academic programs,. including training persons in medical, therapeutic Yoga.
- He is the Senior Lecturer at Institute of Human Excellence –responsible for preparing lectures for students preparing for YIC, B.sc and PGDYT courses in Sri Lanka, and guiding them in exams and practical sessions on advance asanas, breathing techniques and theory /philosophy.
- He completed Instructor/Training academic program at S-VYASA University, Bangalore.
- Visiting Lecturer –Kelaniya University & Eastern University Sri Lanka for teaching Yoga Therapy for Siddha & Ayurveda Students.
- Examiner at Kelaniya University & Eastern University of Sri Lanka
- Visiting Lecturer at Siddha Unani Division at National Institute for Traditional Medicine.
Educational Background -
- Qualified in special relaxation and meditation techniques such as Pranic Energizing Technique(PET) Cyclic Meditation (CM) ,OM meditation ,and Mind Sound Resonance Techniques(MSRT) for relaxing the various layers (Koshas ) and also teaching special breathing techniques.
- Completed 4 years course on Thirmoolar Yoga system – From Thirmoolar Society
- Completed the Kriya Babaji Yoga Tradition, India
- Completed the Art of Living part I , part II courses.
- India Project Director (August 2010 to Date) - at Institute of Human Excellence a non-governmental social organization which was established to promote culture, fine arts, yoga studies, media as well as personality development for the youth in Sri Lanka.
- Senior News presenter/Humanitarian & Development News producer – Part time - (April 2008 to date) - Sooriyan FM- Asia Broadcasting corporation.
- Media and business promotion consultant-Ranjanas Group of Companies –December 2011 to date.
- Visiting Lecturer/ Part-Time (Jan 2009- to date) Sri Lanka Foundation Institute. Lecture topics include Foreign News, News Gathering, Development reporting and humanitarian reporting.
- News Director (June 2010 to August 2010) Inter news Network, Sri Lanka
- Lanka Humanitarian Liaison Coordinator ( April 2010 - to June 2010 ) Inter news Network, Sri Lanka
- Trainer/ Producer (November 2007 to Apr 2010) Inter news Network, Sri Lanka
- Lecturer/ Part Time (Jan 2009- Dec 2009) College of Journalism, Sri Lanka where he was in charge of preparing the syllabus and training the students at college of journalism.
He has won noteworthy awards and represented Sri Lanka in many conferences.
- Dr. C. W. W. Kannangara Award, Sahitya Award
- Represented Sri Lanka in South and South East Asian Youth Conference held in Mumbai, India in 2006.
He holds vast experience in the field of child psychology, play therapy and is a special trainer of yoga education for children. He has been conducting classes and sessions for private Institutions and multinational companies since 1994. He has trained more than 1000 students in different parts of Sri Lanka and abroad. He is also an expert in different yogic styles and traditions such as Kriya Yoga tradition, Sivananda Yoga, Ashtanga Yoga etc.